Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

The 400 Blows

Mean Boys

I have never seen a black and white film before in my life. The 400 Blows film actually surprised me! Even though the movie is shown in black and white, I felt like I was watching the movie in color. It was so emotional. I noticed how the film focused on small details. 








School Project
For example, when Antoine placed a lit candle in a small corner covered by a blanket to honor his hero Balzac. He went back to dinner, and the audience never thought of the candle again.... Or did they? Well, the candle caught on fire and Antoine and his parents caught the fire in time before the apartment burned down.  I predicted that the candle wasn't going to catch on fire. I noticed how the flames and sound effects took place in the film. This specific scene gave the film details to pay attention too. The director used sound effects in certain scenes to warn you that something major is happening or is going to happen.



Is he sleeping? 
This camera shot when Antoine was on roller coaster ride was very interesting to me. I actually got dizzy watching this scene. My eyes were trying to follow Antoine. I was trying to figure out how nobody got hurt when the ride slowed down. Especially him, doesn't he look like he's just sleeping on the floor?? 

1 comment :

  1. Onika this is an amazing blog! Your blog set up is beautiful and so fitting for a film class. You are responding to The 400 Blows on many levels: emotionally, visually, and through film elements. The shot you chose is perfect. You're right: if you hadn't seen the movie, you would think this is a high angle shot. Your blogging style is very professional and engaging. I like that this is your first black and white film!

    ReplyDelete

 
Header Background Designed by Freepik